FISH CLUB INFO
Join the FISH CLUB, eat well!
Gabe the Fish Babe is a small-scale, slow-food seafood company based in Point Judith, RI. We work directly with local fishers: they are our family, our friends, our neighbors and our counterparts. GTFB Fish Club connects members with the freshest wild, American seafood available on a weekly basis. GTFB supplies Fish Club members with the information, recipes and service needed to de-mystify the local seafood market, from ocean to table!
By pre-purchasing shares of domestic, fresh seafood you cut down on waste, promote the consumption of underutilized species and shorten the sea to table supply chain. In turn, fishermen are paid more for any kind of fish they catch and are able to make a better living by fishing legal species on a smaller scale. This type of responsible fishing leaves a lesser environmental impact and promotes long term fishing sustainability.
Full Fish Club Shares and Fish-Only Shares
Four or eight week membership cycles, packages include:
- One bag of shellfish: Approximately 20-30 clams or 12 oysters.
- Shellfish selection may include: littlenecks, topnecks, oysters, live crabs, scallops, mussels, steamers, squid
- 1.5 pounds of fresh, local fin-fish.
- Fin-fish selection may include: fluke, striped bass, porgies, bluefish, black sea bass, swordfish, tuna, shark, bonita, flounder, blackfish, cod, monk, skate, cobia, mahi mahi
Quality Care for Every Share:
- Whole fish comes scaled and gutted. All seafood is cleaned to the point that it is ready to be cooked.
- GTFB seafood is harvested as close to its consumption as possible, in many cases less than 24 hours before it is shipped
- GTFB offers support for any members with questions regarding the product
- Weekly information including recipes, species and industry news is available to anyone who joins the GTFB Fish Club or it’s mailing list
- GTFB is HACCP and DOH Certified
- GTFB is licensed and insured to provide fresh, local fin-fish and shellfish
- Free pick-up (at participating locations) and home delivery options available